Indeed, when you rent a property, you need to buy daily use stuff, among which the fridge comes to the top of the list. Getting the best fridge in your rental property is as necessary as buying a bed to rest comfortably. Not every rental property does not have to come with a fridge. In California, it’s normal to lend your apartment for rent without a fridge.
“I guess it’s a thing in the state of California that when you rent somewhere, it doesn’t always come with a refrigerator,”
said tiktoker Monae Henderson (@more.monaee)
For such scenarios, buying a fridge becomes essential. You can compromise on other appliances, but sacrificing the fridge in rental property is nearly impossible. Durability, efficiency, size, and style are factors that contribute to the decision-making process when selecting a fridge for your rental home. To keep your decision right on past and cost-effective, Let’s delve into this blog where reason, tips, and a list of best fridges under budget are discussed.
- Reasons to Have the Best Fridge in Rental Property
- Guide to evaluating budget while buying the best fridge for rental property.
- 5 must-have features in your fridge for rental property:
- 6 Best fridges to buy for rental property
- 1- Midea WHD-113FSS1 Compact Refrigerator, 3.1 cu ft, Stainless Steel
- 2- RCA – 2-Door – Compact Refrigerator/Freezer
- 3- Frestec Mini Fridge with Freezer
- 4- RCA – 2-Door – Compact Refrigerator/Freezer
- 5- Galanz Retro Compact Refrigerator, Mini Fridge with Single Doors
Reasons to Have the Best Fridge in Rental Property
Having the best fridge in your rental home is a blessing where you can store leftovers, have chilled drinks, and even freeze your food for other days ahead. There are countless reasons to own a fridge but to highlight some most important reasons; we have a list.
- Sufficient Storage and Versatility:
- Accommodates various food items and sizes.
- Offers adjustable shelves and compartments for personalized use.
- Aesthetically Pleasing Design:
- Enhances the overall appearance of the kitchen.
- Appeals to a broader range of potential tenants.
- Enhanced Features:
- Includes options like spill-proof shelves, humidity-controlled crispers, etc.
- Adds convenience and functionality for tenants.
- Offers a balance between quality and affordability.
- Attracts tenants looking for value-added amenities.
- Reputation and Warranty:
- Backed by trusted brands that provide customer service and warranty.
- It adds peace of mind for both landlords and tenants.
- Compliance with Regulations:
- Meets energy standards and other regulations in many jurisdictions.
- Assures landlords that the appliance is legally suitable for rental properties.
- Increased Property Value:
- A quality fridge can enhance the overall appeal and value of the property.
- It makes the property more attractive to prospective tenants.
Read Also: Best Fence For Rental Property
Guide to evaluating budget while buying the best fridge for rental property.
Purchasing a fridge in your rental property will be costly. But if you evaluate your usage correctly and list down your desired features and the size you will need, you can easily set the budget of your fridge in your rental home.
- Determine the Price Range:
Decide a realistic budget for your fridge by keeping the other utility bills in your mind that you have to bear. Falling for extravagant features might cause you trouble while budgeting your additional things.
- Identify Essential Features:
Avoid unnecessary luxury features while buying a fridge for your rental apartment. A simple and legit functionality fridge can fulfill your requirements cost-effectively.
- Research Market Options:
- Rather than liking and instantly buying one unit, you better survey the market and research for the best reasonable option available.
- Consider Energy Efficiency:
- Select an energy-efficient fridge for your rental home so your electricity bill doesn’t spike.
- Assess Longevity and Durability:
- Look for fridges known for their durability – this could reduce your appliance’s repair and maintenance costs.
- Check warranties and customer reviews to gauge potential longevity.
- Factor in Aesthetics and Size:
- Choose a design that fits well within the property’s kitchen, considering appearance and space.
- Avoid over or under spending0 on a model that might not fit the rental property’s style or size requirements.
- Explore Sales and Discounts:
- Look for sales, rebates, or bulk purchase discounts if buying for multiple properties.
- Consider buying during holiday sales or using rewards programs for added savings.
- Calculate Total Cost of Ownership:
- Include the purchase price and delivery, installation, and potential repair costs.
- Consider the long-term energy savings if opting for a more energy-efficient model.
- Consult with a Professional if Needed:
- If you need more time to decide the best choice within your budget, consider consulting with an appliance specialist or property manager experienced in rental properties.
- Revisit and Revise as Needed:
- If your preferred option exceeds the budget, revisit the essential features and market options to find an alternative that still meets the core requirements.
5 must-have features in your fridge for rental property:
When selecting a fridge for a rental property, certain must-have features cater to
The landlord’s and tenant’s needs. Selecting features wisely is crucial because getting exchanges and refunds for fridge purchases is rare. Here are five essential characteristics to consider in your fridge for your rental apartment:
- Energy Efficiency:
- An Energy Star rating or other recognized energy efficiency certifications.
- It helps in reducing utility bills and aligns with environmental sustainability.
- Essential for long-term savings and appealing to eco-conscious tenants.
- Size and Space Optimization:
- Adequate storage capacity to accommodate different food items and sizes.
- Includes adjustable shelves, door bins, and drawers for flexible storage.
- Ensures the tenants have sufficient space for their groceries without being too bulky for the kitchen.
- Durability and Reliability:
- Constructed with high-quality materials to withstand regular use.
- The reputable brand is known for longevity, reducing maintenance or replacement costs.
- Important for keeping operational costs low and providing consistent performance.
- Easy Maintenance and Cleaning:
- Features such as spill-proof glass shelves and easily removable parts.
- Automatic defrost system in the freezer for hassle-free upkeep.
- Critical to keeping the appliance in good condition, significantly, since tenants may vary in their maintenance habits.
- Simple and Neutral Design:
- A sleek and unobtrusive appearance that fits seamlessly into various kitchen decors.
- Neutral colors and designs that appeal to a wide range of tenants.
- Ensures that the fridge complements the property without dictating a specific aesthetic.
These features collectively contribute to a fridge that meets the unique demands of a rental property. They offer a balanced approach that caters to the daily needs and preferences of the tenants while also considering the landlord’s investment, ease of maintenance, and long-term property value. By prioritizing these aspects, landlords can ensure they select a fridge that enhances the attractiveness and functionality of their rental property.
6 Best fridges to buy for rental property
The list of the best 6 fridges to buy for your rental property follows. They are top-rated, reasonable, and top-notch in functionality. Some reviews also empower your buying decision with trust and credibility.
1- Midea WHD-113FSS1 Compact Refrigerator, 3.1 cu ft, Stainless Steel
- Brand Midea
- Price $259.00 – 4.6 star rated
- Eligible for Return, Refund, or Replacement within 30 days of receipt
- Product Dimensions are 4″D x 18.5″W x 32.95″H
- Compact freezer on top
- Food Capacity 1.3 Cubic feet
- Stainless steel color with 120 volts
2- RCA – 2-Door – Compact Refrigerator/Freezer
- Price $219.00 – 4.5 stars rated
- Manufacturer Curtis International LTD
- Capacity is 3.2 cubic feet
- Product dimensions are 22*20*30
3- Frestec Mini Fridge with Freezer
- Brand: Frestec
- Available for $225.40 with product dimensions 47″D x 17.83″W x 33.5″H
- Stainless steel look with adjustable shelves
- Food capacity is upto 3 cubic feet
- Works on 115 volts with energy star certification
4- RCA – 2-Door – Compact Refrigerator/Freezer
- Brand RCA
- Product dimension is 20″D x 22″W x 34″H
- Starting from $219.99 with color availability in black
- possess the special feature of reversible doors with compact
- The top-rated features reviewed by users are its usability, durability, value for money, and energy efficiency.
- 5 stars rated with a food capacity of 3.2 cubic feet
5- Galanz Retro Compact Refrigerator, Mini Fridge with Single Doors
- Brand Galanz with a 4.5-star rating
- The price of this fridge is $199.99
- Product dimension is 6″D x 21.02″W x 28.15″H with capacity of 2.5 cubic feet
- Work on 120 volts and comes with an adjustable thermostat
- This fridge includes 1 X Refrigerator, 2 X Removable Glass Shelves, and 1 X Power Cord.
Remember, the rental properties do not always come with fridges. This factor enhances the significance of choosing the best fridge for your rental properties. While fridges may seem an easy appliance purchase but buying fridges goes beyond aesthetics and food capacity spaces. As our journey through the realm of real estate and refrigeration draws to a close, one thing stands clear: investing in the best fridge for your rental property is an investment not only in practicality but in the well-being and satisfaction of all who call your property home.
With careful consideration of features, budget, and durability, landlords can ensure that the heart of the kitchen beats strong, delivering a seamless blend of utility and style. And so, as landlords and tenants open the doors of their refrigerators each day, they also open the doors to a more efficient, appealing, and harmonious rental experience — one that keeps things cool and fresh in more ways than one.